By M. Smith
It seems like it was a weekend of leaks. Pick your company: Samsung’s concept for AR glasses, replete with some far-too-chunky frames, or maybe the next generation of Apple’s AirPods, the in-ear kind.
These are two very different kinds of leaks. Samsung’s appears to be the sort of conceptual video tease that may, or may not, result in a device. Previous teases resulted in hardware that looked pretty different to the heady dream from years earlier. The company’s foldable phones are a great example.
With Apple, a photo of what might be its next iteration of AirPods are reassuring middling — and highly likely to happen. They appear to be wireless buds that would fit between the original AirPods and the pricier (more capable) AirPods Pro. The hardware looks like the Pro iteration, with a wider case and redesigned stems. But will these headphones pack active noise cancellation?
A Bloomberg report previously said the third-gen model wouldn’t support ANC, like the Pro, while this more recent leak from 52Audio suggests ANC features are “highly probable” as the hardware inside looks pretty similar to the Pro model.
— Mat Smith
- Top House Republicans Allege Democrats ‘Not Serious’ About Confronting China in Chips, Competition Bill January 27, 2022
- US Semiconductor Chip Shortage Poses Economic, National Security Risks: Commerce Dept. January 26, 2022
- Logitech Pop Keys review: A trendy mechanical keyboard with surprisingly great features January 22, 2022
- Microsoft’s Activision Merger Is History’s Biggest Tech Deal. The Stocks to Play It. January 22, 2022
- Net neutrality will make a comeback in 2022 January 11, 2022
- CBP Seizes Shipment Containing 50,000 Fake Apple AirPods, 920 Nintendo Video Game Consoles From China January 7, 2022