By M. Smith
It seems like it was a weekend of leaks. Pick your company: Samsung’s concept for AR glasses, replete with some far-too-chunky frames, or maybe the next generation of Apple’s AirPods, the in-ear kind.
These are two very different kinds of leaks. Samsung’s appears to be the sort of conceptual video tease that may, or may not, result in a device. Previous teases resulted in hardware that looked pretty different to the heady dream from years earlier. The company’s foldable phones are a great example.
With Apple, a photo of what might be its next iteration of AirPods are reassuring middling — and highly likely to happen. They appear to be wireless buds that would fit between the original AirPods and the pricier (more capable) AirPods Pro. The hardware looks like the Pro iteration, with a wider case and redesigned stems. But will these headphones pack active noise cancellation?
A Bloomberg report previously said the third-gen model wouldn’t support ANC, like the Pro, while this more recent leak from 52Audio suggests ANC features are “highly probable” as the hardware inside looks pretty similar to the Pro model.
— Mat Smith
- TSMC Says It Will Have Advanced ASML Chipmaking Tool in 2024 June 28, 2022
- US Knocks Japan Off Top Spot in Race for World’s Fastest Supercomputer May 30, 2022
- Here’s Why Intel CEO Believes Chip Shortage to Last Until 2024 May 4, 2022
- Shutdown of Foxconn’s Factories in China Threatens Apple’s Supply Chain April 26, 2022
- Possible AMD Ryzen 7000 Raphael ‘Zen 4’ Engineering Sample CPU With 8 Cores Spotted April 18, 2022
- How To Build A Gaming PC January 31, 2022