By IBD Staff
Chip stocks range from giants like Intel (INTC), Qualcomm (QCOM) and Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) down to lesser-known names like Qorvo (QRVO) and Microchip Technology (MCHP), providing the underpinnings for all types of devices, from giant servers down to smartphones and so what’s interesting is we sat on our Q4 earnings
The chipmakers power much of the world’s technology, making it possible for loved ones to talk face-to-face from across an ocean or for Wall Street to move billions of dollars in the blink of an eye.
Never has the sector been more competitive, with more than 750 companies vying globally to build the insides of the next hot device or power future megacomputers. Investors will find it tricky to navigate the sector.
- TSMC Says It Will Have Advanced ASML Chipmaking Tool in 2024 June 28, 2022
- US Knocks Japan Off Top Spot in Race for World’s Fastest Supercomputer May 30, 2022
- Here’s Why Intel CEO Believes Chip Shortage to Last Until 2024 May 4, 2022
- Shutdown of Foxconn’s Factories in China Threatens Apple’s Supply Chain April 26, 2022
- Possible AMD Ryzen 7000 Raphael ‘Zen 4’ Engineering Sample CPU With 8 Cores Spotted April 18, 2022
- How To Build A Gaming PC January 31, 2022