By IBD Staff
Chip stocks range from giants like Intel (INTC), Qualcomm (QCOM) and Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) down to lesser-known names like Qorvo (QRVO) and Microchip Technology (MCHP), providing the underpinnings for all types of devices, from giant servers down to smartphones and so what’s interesting is we sat on our Q4 earnings
The chipmakers power much of the world’s technology, making it possible for loved ones to talk face-to-face from across an ocean or for Wall Street to move billions of dollars in the blink of an eye.
Never has the sector been more competitive, with more than 750 companies vying globally to build the insides of the next hot device or power future megacomputers. Investors will find it tricky to navigate the sector.
- Top House Republicans Allege Democrats ‘Not Serious’ About Confronting China in Chips, Competition Bill January 27, 2022
- US Semiconductor Chip Shortage Poses Economic, National Security Risks: Commerce Dept. January 26, 2022
- Logitech Pop Keys review: A trendy mechanical keyboard with surprisingly great features January 22, 2022
- Microsoft’s Activision Merger Is History’s Biggest Tech Deal. The Stocks to Play It. January 22, 2022
- Net neutrality will make a comeback in 2022 January 11, 2022
- CBP Seizes Shipment Containing 50,000 Fake Apple AirPods, 920 Nintendo Video Game Consoles From China January 7, 2022